Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Carpe Mañana






 



 


Leather Bomber Jacket: Goodwill
Sail Seattle Sweatshirt: Goodwill
Fox Purse: Target
Brown Ankle Boots: Thrifted



     So I know it's nothing to brag about, but I took these pictures when I was home on Saturday, which means they've been sitting on my memory card/computer for less than a week - which is pretty good for me. Especially considering that I have TONS of pictures and outfits from the summer and even earlier that I still haven't posted here (or even edited) yet. It's a terrible, stupid habit but I just can't seem to make myself get off my butt and do something with the pictures I take in a timely fashion. I even ended up losing the majority of the pictures from the first road trip I'd ever been on with just friends because I kept putting of editing or even transferring the photos, then lost the memory card. I guess a lot of that comes down to a lack of motivation. I've talked about this on here before, but for the longest time I've had serious problems with doing things on time, finishing the things that I start, updating things regularly - you name it. I constantly have all these plans and ideas and good intentions in my head that I fully intend to accomplish, but something always seems to get in the way, and I suppose that that thing's usually just me. 


I think the very New Mexican saying "Carpe Mañana" or "seize tomorrow" somewhat unfortunately sums this whole thing up pretty well.


    But I think all this talk about a lack of motivation is also just my way of continuing it. It's 11:30, I have about a million pages of reading to do before my 9:30 am history class tomorrow, and I have yet to do any of it. So wish me luck, and if anyone has any experience with this or knows something that might help, even a little bit, I would be very, very grateful.


Have a wonderful day!


Love, 

Victoria

2 comments:

  1. Get to reading Victoria!! You're only in school once (unless you flunk out and magically have to money to go to college again) so seize the opportunity while you have it :)
    I know it's the worst piece of advice ever but really just try to be motivated; once you push yourself for a few weeks to be on top of things it'll start to come naturally and, with that stress of procrastination off your shoulders, you'll likely not want to go back. These changes in character take time so don't be too down on yourself while trying to 'fix' them... chin up and know that if you're unhappy with the way things are now then the only way to get happy is to change them!!

    Aside from that ramble that made me sound like a really old woman, you look lovely; I've been embracing the comfy/casual/chic look lately myself as well :D

    Cassie
    thriftthick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the look of this outfit! I truly adore both: awesome sweaters + bombers and you really rocked both in this photo shoot.
    I like your blog a lot and am thankful I stumbled over it! Yippee!

    xoxo
    Renee` Of ThisGreenEyedGirl

    ReplyDelete